[ST] Hi Emile

Emile,

This is sure a small world.  I know you from the PC800.net list.  We never ridden together, but I do remember  that you participated in Leland's Pacific Coast Ride.

Welcome aboard, like you I never had a chain drive till I got my NOS '01 Sprint a year ago december.  The chain maintenance isn't bad.  However, I took the scapegoat way out and got a chain oiler.  Now I hardly look at the chain except to see if needs adjustment or to check to see how its wearing.  I use a pro-oiler on mine, actually its made near your neck of the woods.

Comments on these bikes.  Comparo to the PC800.  It got a lot more get up and go.  More responsive,handles better.  However, its not as utilitarian or maintenance free as the PC, very few bikes are.  It does require a more attention than the PC800.  Riding position is much more sport orientated, however, once you get used to it, its not bad.  I actually prefer it.

Do I miss my PC, but yes, but I really dig my Sprint.

Tom

'01 Sprint St
'71 TR6R Tiger

Oh, of course nodoby knows me yet...
I'm Emile from Almere in the Netherlands. My bike history
Honda PC800 Pacific Coast, Honda ST1100ABSTCS Pan European,
BMW R1150GS ABS and now a 2004 Yamaha XP500i T-max. I'm
age 30 now, have ridden since the legal age of 18, have
only owned bikes and ride around 30 to 40.000 km per year
to...ehmm..everywhere. Considering a "new" '02 Triumph Sprint
ST as my next ride, a chain drive bike will be new again for me.