Re: [ST] Pro-Oiler

- --Apple-Mail-6--55788638

On 5 Jan 2005, at 15:38, Emile Nossin wrote:

> I've read enough to think that a pro-oiler is the perfect solution for
> a long living chain and clean rearwheel with minimal maintenance.
> Those who have this setup, did you install it yourself or had it done
> by a dealer? Is it hard to do?

I've got a Scott Oiler fitted to my ST'03 - is this the same or
different to a pro-oiler?  The Scott Oiler is wonderful - works exactly
as required and makes no mess, while almost eliminating chain
maintenance.  I'd recommend it as an essential improvement to any
(chain drive) bike.  The fitting for mine was done by the dealer before
I got the bike (first owner got it at time of purchase) and they did a
very neat job - the oil cannister fits neatly under seat, with all
tubes etc. out of sight, except for feed to rear sprocket: it looks
like they knew exactly what they were doing etc.  Looking at
installation instructions, nothing looks too complex to do yourself, so
it really comes down to how much time you have and your confidence in
getting it right first time.  And presumably your budget - I guess
getting a dealer fit won't be cheap.

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03
- --Apple-Mail-6--55788638

<excerpt>I've read enough to think that a pro-oiler is the perfect
solution for a long living chain and clean rearwheel with minimal
maintenance. Those who have this setup, did you install it yourself or
had it done by a dealer? Is it hard to do?

</excerpt>