RE: [ST] Portable Amplification (long)

>Nate wrote...
>
>ST'ers,
>
>The topic of using headphones, various comm. devices ...I can link to
>pictures of two of the
>amps that I've built so you get a better idea of what goes into the
>construction.
>
>Jack writes...
>This sounds great but what are you using for head phones.  I've tried
>ear-buds, with and without jabra jells, putting the helmet on is OK
>sometimes, but taking it off always hurts.  The times that the helmet does
>not go on correct, the ears hurt all the time.
>I just picked up a Garmin iQue.  It will play MP3 audio with interruptions
>to give me route directions.  Also, it will give me GPS speed to check the
>mysterious RS speedometer.

<semi-hijack>

When it comes to actually "hearing" all of our cool devices, I've always had
a problem.  My ears hurt from earbuds and the like, or I got distortion from
in-helmet speakers.  Even foam earplugs start hurting my ear canals after a
while (hours to days, depending).

I've tried almost every thing on the market for audio input with no joy.
Earbuds of every type, and helmet speaker systems (not cheap!).  So this
year at the Int'l Motorcycle Show I finally broke down and got what I should
have gotten all along.  Custom made ear plugs with built in transducers
(speakers).  This is pure Heaven.  Perfect fit has finally given me total
comfort and Excellent sound !!
Expensive but worth it!!

dunc

STeve Duncan