RE: [ST] Portable Amplification (long)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Nathan Maher wrote:

> For Bill and anyone else thinking about doing this, it's not terribly
> difficult provided you can read an electronic schematic and follow
> directions.  I'm really NOT trying to start any sort of business here, I
> just already dumped all the money on tools and I've found that I enjoy
> building the amps.

Given that disclaimer, I'll point out the Bostaroo to those who aren't
aware of it. I don't know how the home-built one compares, but others use
the Bostaroo for their motorcycle audio amplification needs and have been
happy with it. It runs on 2xAA batteries instead of 9V.

http://www.boostaroo.com/

It is usually available for around $30, and Radio Shack carries a
RS-branded version (same product) in their store if you want to look at
it.

Paul