RE: [ST] Portable Amplification (long)

i used the starcom1 unit this past weekend on a road trip.

listening material was books-on-tape, played from a portable mp3 player.  i
was using the helmet speakers provided with the starcom system, and wearing
a shoei z-11 helmet.

with earplugs (generic), i had to turn the volume of the mp3 player and the
starcom system all the way up to hear the words clearly.  without earplugs i
could turn the mp3 player down to about 80%.

i was a little dissapointed that i had to max out the system in order to
hear clearly, but it worked passably.  i may not have had the speakers
positioned perfectly, but it was pretty close as i tried several positions
when installing them.

i have not tried hooking up a 2-way radio or cell phone, nor have i tried
any other audio source, so take my review for what it's worth.

i need to figure out how to integrate the system with some custom molded ear
plug/speakers.

rob sukach
dallas, tx