RE: [ST] My first Sprint ST ride

I was born and brought up in South Africa.    The first Bike I owned was a
Zuk GT750 Water Buffalo.   A great Bike.    Rode it all over.   My only m/c
injury to date was on that Bike.    A buddy and I had left Johannesburg at
midnight (after the late (16:00-24:00) shift in the DP Dept of a bank)
headed up to South West Africa.    At dawn, I was the GIB and liked the
effect of the sunrise reflected in his helmet.    I moved further and
further rearwards trying to get the picture into focus on my camera until I
moved the balance of the Bike too far back and we both came off on a gravel
road.

Not much damage to the Bike.

I scraped my arm real badly (my leather jacket was tied up with bungies
behind me because it was warm weather) and tore my mouth (the last time I
rode without a full-face helmet).    A nurse at the local hospital scrubbed
the road-dirt out of my arm in a competition to see when I would start to
cry (I didn't) and a young medic stitched my mouth so only a very small
crease remains some 30 years later.

On another trip on the GT, we were going past the (then) black area outside
Johannesburg very late at night when a car with some guys with guns tried to
force us off the road.    My buddy went WFO and we raced them to the
outskirts of Klerksdorp where the car disappeared.    It took us an hour and
several cups of strong coffee to get up the courage to get back on the Bike
and head westwards!!!

But you're right...there are some great roads out there.    Down towards the
Drakensberg (especially in the early morning) and around the Cape Town area.

Ray  Williams
Performance Geek   EMC Corp  Duluth GA /
 Program Chair SCMG
770.814.3656		(V-mail/Duluth)
770.663.0154		(Fax)
KawiNinja			(AOL Inst Msgr)
Personal Email		(KawiNinja@xxxxxxxxx)

"If  it  ain't  on  fire  it's  a  software  problem"

The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the author
solely and do not necessarily reflect the views of EMC Corp.