Re: [ST] RAT and benefits

Howard,
That dealership in Philly doesn't enjoy a very good reputation around the
state of Pa for anything to include supporting RAT's, but that is another
story.  I've tried these so called bike friendly insurance companies and
every one sucks.  AMA and RAT both say they have discounts and I've gotten
quotes from both.  I've gotten them from Geico and Progressive and both were
totally laughable.   Bike insurance is a total crap shoot.  It depend on
where you live and what mood the insurance company is in.  If you are really
lucky, like a friend of mine who has State Farm, you can bundle your house,
cars, and dog with the insurance and get a good rate.  Last year in Central
Pa I got quotes on an 02 St and an 04 RS ranging from Dairyland's $624 to
Geico's $1800.  This year in SC Dairyland is up to $814 but Bikeonline was
over $2k and Dairyland even started at $1000 but worked it down.  That's
right, Dairyland worked on the quote to get me every discount they could.
So as not to beat a dead horse to death, insurance is four letter word.

Just my humble opinion,
Rod