[ST] RE: TriumphSTDigest Re: 2002 ST SET UP QUESTIONS

G'day, Harry, how ya goin'?  I have an '04 Sprint ST that I ride solo, with
the suspension settings per the owner's manual for solo hard.  I had ridden
this bike and an '01 predecessor at the normal solo soft settings, and
prefer where I have them now.  I have no experience with two up plus luggage
on a Sprint ST.  On an earlier ('96) Sprint, my wife and I did a 4-day trip,
two up with panniers and top box.  I set the suspension for the manual
recommendations for two up, but that was a different bike.  It handled
pretty well, all the Internet trash about Sprint suspension notwithstanding.
Oh, I weigh about 160 lbs and my wife was about the same weight as yours,
maybe 125 lbs.

I recommend a tire plugger and tire inflator, just in case you should get a
flat.  Not sure how remote your route is going to take you.  My limited
experience in Oz (6 trips) tells me you can easily get far away from
civilization and help.  Chain lube and maybe a spare clutch cable with the
wrench to change it are about all else I can thing of right now.

My wife and I rented a cage in Canberra and drove south to Jindabyn.  Hiked
to the top of Mt Kosciusko, which normally is no big deal, but in mid
December that year (1991) there was a snowstorm during our first attempt.
We finally made the hike the next day and got terrific sunburn from the
glare off the snow.  Recuperated on Magnetic Island.

Have a good ride; it sounds like fun.

Rich (Thunderdawg) Rumble
Escondido, CA, USA
2004 Aston Green Sprint ST