[no subject]

Form the article: "Hurt insists there is no reason why
the vaunted Snell certification should be preferred by
motorcyclists over the more common DOT certification,
although Snell uses more severe test impacts, the
Snell criteria, he says "have never been based upon
any rational evaluation of accidents events...there
are completely in their [Snell] standards."  It costs
more to do the Snell tests and more for the Snell
stickers, but the tests aren't any better.  Neither
are the several difficult standards used in other
countries.

So for those of you buying the higher priced brain
buckets...stating that "a $100 helmet for a $100
brain"...I guess a $100 helmet ~IS~ good enough and
even possibly better for my million dollar brain. :p

For those that don't know, Harry Hurt is a legendary
motorcycle researcher on accident investigation.  And
author of the Hurt Report some 20 yrs. ago.  The
article was published in Motorcycle Consumer News.
The only magazine that is run solely on subscriptions
unlike many other mags out there who accept
advertising dollars and are thus possibly colored in
their evals., let alone would most likely never
publish something like this in the first place.  I'll
be first in line at the NYC Motorcycle show this wknd
to sign up for their 2 yrs for the price of 1 deal. ;)

Bryce