From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
chuck boatwright
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 2:57 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Yahoogroups (attempt 5)

Emile Nossin wrote:

> To the group and Eric; have you ever considered
> moving this list to yahoogroups?

avoid the miniborg..  If the list were on yahoo, I would be less
inclined to speak freely  -- yahoo archives stuff "for us"?  no thanks.

don't really like yahoogroups.

 > Advantages for this mailing list over yahoogroups:
 > ... NONE....

disagree.

our information is not stored by an entity that can mine the information

for it's own personal gains or another entities reasons (homeland
un-security).

personally I don't need polls, voting, web interface, photos etc.etc.

if I need a bozo filter, I use my mail program's filtering tool.

Eric has already asked if someone can "step up".  I offered.  Now it's
public -- let's move the list to a bike friendly place.  We can host the

ST site any number of places, and I can help with that too.

if we were to move the list, I would opine micapeak.  micapeak is
motorbike friendly.

my crotchety $0.02
- --chuck

*   *