RE: [ST] Yahoogroups (attempt 5)

>From: Thomas Emberson
>IMNSHO, for me there is one reason for email over www, which trumps
>every single reason you listed.
>I hate, I mean completely dislike, hunting through a page of messages to
>find the new one.

Like Matt said, yahoogroups isn't a forum as you might think
(although it has sort of that option). It is primarily email
(or digest if you like) and looks IDENTICAL to what you receive
now. It is this list PLUS all the other features including a
message archive so that you actually can surf thru pages if
you would like to find a 4 year old message. That's not an
option now.

>With email, once your done with a message, hit delete and its gone. If
>it has useful information save it in a folder for later. Every WWW group
>I have seen this is not possible.

It is with Yahoogroups :-). Basically it is a very advanced mailing
list for all.

>This does not solved the web site problem though. Of course neither
>does yahoooooogroups.

Well, not directly... BUT we can use the yahoogroup links/calender/
files/photos/etc sections to interactively built up a knowledge
database from which, if desired, Eric can update his website.
In the meantime everybody can uses the sections to look up, enter
or edit all kinds of ST stuff. So that does sort of solve the
website bit....

Thanks for your feedback Tom. Try the group, post to the group
and check out the links (almost nothing there now) to get a
correct view of yahoogroups:

Emile
www.piloot.com