RE: [ST] Yahoogroups (attempt 5)

>From: chuck boatwright
>avoid the miniborg..  If the list were on yahoo, I would be
>less inclined to speak freely  -- yahoo archives stuff
>"for us"?  no thanks. don't really like yahoogroups.

Obvioulsy :-). I can turn of the archive function if you
like (don't think anybody else would like that though).
But what difference is there between a privately sponsored
mailing list with an archive (and possibility for anybody
to subscribe and archive as well) and yahoogroups?
I won't go into conspiracy theories though...

http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/
"Yahoo! does not rent, sell, or share personal information
about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies
except to provide products or services you've requested,
when we have your permission..."

>our information is not stored by an entity that can mine the
>information for it's own personal gains or another entities
>reasons (homeland un-security).

Only basic information is stored, rest information is all
optional when getting a Yahoo ID. Here you can read the
privacy policy: http://privacy.yahoo.com/ Links provided
there if you think big brother is abusing the information
(who says that this list is safe? No privacy policy here...).

>if I need a bozo filter, I use my mail program's filtering tool.

Filter? What filter?

>if we were to move the list, I would opine micapeak.  micapeak is
>motorbike friendly.

For the past 4 years yahoogroups have been user, motorbike and
everybody friendly and flexible for at least the PC800 group
at www.pc800.net and other groups I've been on for years.
It is much more versatile and flexible than micapeak.

Emile
www.piloot.com