RE: [ST] Yahoogroups (attempt 5)

<<
avoid the miniborg..  If the list were on yahoo, I would be less
inclined to speak freely  -- yahoo archives stuff "for us"?  no thanks.

our information is not stored by an entity that can mine the information
for it's own personal gains or another entities reasons (homeland
un-security).

Not that I particularly like yahoogroups, but...

Any sense of security associated with the current mailing list is an
illusion.  Email is frequently filtered and stored at various routers,
servers, and very likely at your ISP.  It doesn't really matter who the
hosting entity is, Yahoo or otherwise, all Internet traffic can be captured
and stored.  Encrypted traffic is more difficult to decode and view, but
none of our stuff is encrypted (doing so would probably raise flags).

Just some food for thought...

  - Dave