[ST] Re: TriumphSTDigest Re: st-digest V2004 #746

At 5:18pm, Jan 20,  owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx Hath Written:

> Yahoo groups..bleah!  I'm sorry I can't do this.  Do you know how much
> indirect spam you get from Yahoo?  And Oh boy, a moderator, just what I
> never wanted.  Sorry.  I *will* miss this list but frankly the whole
> Triumph community is spread out all over the place on many levels and
> losing cohesion..sad really.  Keep in mind when the 05 ST hits many will be
> seeking a valuable resource.  Can't someone keep the list up?

Ken,

A moderator in this case is not for the purpose of checking each and every
email that gets posted.  The purpose having a moderator is kinda like the
playground monitor...only looking up from the comic book when the noise
level gets too loud or someone gets hurt.  Believe me, *I* certainly don't
want to have to wade through a pile of emails to see if they're
appropriate or not.  I don't even read half the stuff on here anyway.
so why would I try to read all the remarks, jabs, off-topics, and drivel
amongst the gems to see if someone needs their wrist slapped?

Initially, the plan is to have open posting...no moderation (ie, no
review) so long as everyone plays nice.  And in my genral experience,
everyone here does for the most part.  Eventually, if the list grows,
Emile came up with a strategy to eliminate the hit and run spammers.  For
new members, the first posting *only* would be moderated and spammers
caught that way.  After that, the real bikers can get on with pissin' 'n
moanin' about the new style, brand of oil, crappy service, etc.

As for keeping up the current list, folks have been complaining for over a
year now and the useability is declining.  No archives available and
difficulty posting.  I'm sorry to see the decline, this has been a great
resource.  But so far, no one has been able to come forward and follow in
Eric's boots.  This seems to be the best solution.  Any of us can handle
it, the posts are archived, and it's easy to use.  Hell, I still use
command line unix to write these emails, but even I see the benefit of
Yahoo groups.

Kevin Liske

'03 Green ST

End of st-digest V2004 #748