[ST] Who is taking over etc

To Gavin and all:
" maybe if someone knows who is taking over
 / what is happening / what the implications
 for the list"

I agree that everything seems a little rushed
somehow. I'm away for one nightstop and I read
40 messages on the issue.

The yahoogroup is already there:
(with name probably being changed soon to
sprinst instead of sprint-st). The group is
now co-excisting next to the triumphnet list.
Since it is not a private hosted list on someone's
server, this is a group hosted effort. Right
now there are 4 moderators including (I believe)
some of the most experienced members. Since it is
still basically the same group, you should read
"moderators" more as "administrators", so
people helping members and trying to keep
the show running behind the screens. More
moderators can be assigned (although 4 seems
like quite a lot already to me for the size
of the group), the group can decide on what
direction to go on. So it's now the group
running the group, not a single "owner" (although
I'm listed as owner since I initiated the group).

The implications depend on what the members
of the current list will do. The problem is
that I don't have a memberlist of the triumphnet
group, I can't move people nor can I see how
many members are left on the Triumphnet list.

Everybody would of course prefer that there
is still ONE central list, not a scattered
community. So if the general consensus is that
we move to yahoogroups (it seems that's already
happening, lots of members joining) I think the
thing for everybody to do is to let people know
about the new location, motivating them to join
the yahoogroup and eventually unsubscribe the
triumphnet group. Again, a group effort to keep
the community together. It would be easiest with
Eric's help, but I haven't seen any replies from
him (I send 2 direct emails to what I believe is
his address).

Eventually if all goes well everybody will have
joined the one group. If desired the "moderators"
can also assign seperate email addresses to the
group, without a Yahoo ID. In that period we will
have to stop crossposting so that (someone) can
monitor the triumphnet group to see if someone
is still on there. Hopefully by that time we will
have contact with Eric again so he can joins the
rest at yahoogroups and delete the triumphnet list.

Keep on asking if stuff not's clear.

Emile
www.piloot.com