RE: [ST] Who is taking over etc

>From: Rupert Galea
>I do not think there is anything wrong with Yahoo but I do
>think that our own website/list would offer more. This could
>also be moderated by several people.

What do you think it would offer more? And we have a list
"of our own", run by Eric. But just like the PC800 list,
there are good intentions but it's hard to maintain
something like that. You are reliable on one person
to maintain, fix and PAY FOR the hardware and software
(or to rely on him for a sponsor). That implies a risk
of discontinuity of the group... At Yahoo the whole
"management" can be passed onto other members.

>Simon in the UK already has a partial searchable archive
>up. It would be a shame to lose all the information in
>these archives.

Which archive? As far as I know the archive is non existant,
at least it says this on the Triumpnet ST site:
"Archives no longer in service"
http://www.seaotter.com/searchst.html

>It would also be nice to add a classified section.

One could create something on the groupsite, or just
make their own page and site. Nice thing about yahoogroups
is that every member can add/edit/delete their own links
to those kinda (classified) sections. Nice idea!

> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~john/vfr/
>It would be great to get the website content / list of list users /
>archive of the list from Eric but it is not 100% necessary.

Well, the site is so great I would like to at least link one
to the other, to make and keep the group part of that site.
It offers an identity I think. List of users is not 100% needed,
it just makes it a bit more complicated, especially in communication.
The VFR site is great, I've seen it. Obviously that person has
been able to keep his list up to date with similar features as
a Yahoogroup. They are dependant as well, fortunately the maintenance
and updating is better than with the triumphnet list...
With yahoogroups there's no worry about that, we can focus fully
on the group itself.

- - The website needs to be completely updated anyway

But by whom? The dependency on one person has shown the
possible consequence...

- - Simon already has a fairly complete archive of the list

Where? Is that a different ST list?

Emile
www.piloot.com