[ST] list moving..

It would appear that the triumphnet.com list will become self selecting.

Rupert had signed on with els (eric) to move the list.  I solicited some
volunteers to look at what it would take to move the site and the list
together.  Rupert has more of els' ear than any of us volunteer sysadmins.

There are known problems to the existing structure (the "black hole")
and the fact that the site isn't being updated, etc.  Els busted his ass
for years on the site and list.  We didn't do a good job of taking the
quality work and moving it forward when his life priorities changed.
Bad on us.

It appears that a bunch of people will be migrating to the yahoo list.
Personally, I think that this is a bit of "jump the gun" syndrome.
"lookie here, new technology to solve a problem!"..  'cept that the
problem hasn't been the technology, it's been the humans.  What's the
hurry I keep asking myself.

I would much prefer the list to coninue using a more traditional
technology (mailman/listproc/courier/etc) than for it to move to yahoo.
  I know more than enough about yahoo, it's technology and it's
features.  I live in the bay area, and work in "the business."  Pedantic
cries like "It has all the features" are lost on me, because it's
quality not quantity of features.

There is some vanity (my personal vanity) in having a list on the same
domain (the triumphnet domain), but as I said, it's only vanity.  But to
me it has value.

I am still willing to assist in moving the existing list / domain to a
new location, but I am going to wait a few days to see how the dust
settles before offering up any other suggestions.

Curmudgeonly yours (and on the list for almost 5 years)

- --chuck