RE: Laters(Re: [ST] Yahoo Lists)

>From: Craig Tate
>I note that currently, www.TriumphSprint.org is an
>available domain and godaddy.com has a sale on domains for $3.99 per year.
>In my mind, this would be a far better solution than a Yahoo group.
>That having been said, I want to note that running a website/forum/list or
>club is far more work than one would imagine -

Well, I do think yahoogroups will give the group itself the
interactive possibility to make their own website. A forum
is different. Nice as well, but certainly not what these
members are used to. I am now considering buying that
domain name as forwarding domain to the yahoogroup,
it would help give it an identity... sort of like making it
the group website. A name always helps. It's not actually
$3.99, only when you also buy a non-domain name
product from them. On itself it will cost $8.95 per year.
Of course a slick website will look nicer, but it will
again be in the hands of one. After a while it's hard
to find the motivation to keep updating the site with
the info of all the messages online and emails you get
in your inbox. I tried it as well... but yahoogroups
makes it so simple, it lets everybody do it themselves :-).
Power to the people :-), they keep it up to date (with the
help of x number of moderators to clean up the mess they
make sometimes, or to make more space (each section usually
about 20mb).

Like www.pc800.net forwards to the iPCRC yahoogroup
and www.maxiscooter.co.uk forwards to the maxiscooter group.

Would you (or anyone) mind if I buy www.triumphsprint.org
as the name for the yahoogroup? Or does anybody have better
name ideas?

Emile
www.piloot.com