Re: [ST] Wind screen screws and "locking grommets"

I haven't had the windscreen off of my ST, but if it mounts like other
fairing windscreens on bikes I've owned, there is a good reason to keep
the cheapo plastic OE screws. If you ever end up separating from your
ST in an unplanned forward motion, it is better to have the plastic
screws break, therefore releasing the windscreen, than for you to get
hung up on the windscreen that is being firmly held by some titanium
screws.

On Jan 23, 2005, at 7:17 AM, David Pullen wrote:

> I replaced my screen bolts with silver anodized jobbies and they were a
> direct replacement for the cheapo plastic OE screws.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned