[ST] Loosing Grip - NOT posted on ya-hoo

Other than a few weeks of temps hovering around freezing (C & F) and one ice
storm - I was dodging mudslides in California at the time - we haven't
really had much of a winter in so far here Stumptown.  Of course, the road
crews have done their thing, so there's gravel on most of the fun roads
which does force one to choose lines rather carefully.  But the thing which
had me really perplexed was the number of times lately when the front end
has started to wash out.  Not my favorite sensation!

Though I've had the rear tire step out in the past, I haven't had front grip
problems before, even in the wet.  I actually turned around and went back to
a corner to see if I'd missed some gravel or something, but there was no
debris.  So I stopped and checked out the surface.  It turns out the county
is spraying a deicing agent in turns and intersections which leaves the
surface slimy to the touch.  I could see damp-looking parallel lines about
6" apart visible on the road surface in some areas.

So the question is this: Does the front tire's loss of grip indicate an
inherent problem with setup* or is it just the nature of the beast in
slippery conditions?  Any thoughts?

- --Rick in Oregon
  '01 Sprint ST

* Sag is correct front & rear;  RaceTech'ed front end; tires up to
temperature; pressures F34, R38psi; ambient temp ~45degF