Re: [ST] Dead Serious

At 03:24 26/01/2005, you wrote:
>OK, I've been holding my tongue.  Biding my time.  I had my tirade.

Fellow Sprint riders,

You know, there I was this weekend, happily removing the exhaust silencer
and rear wheel from my ST so that I could replace the rear pads. Not a task
I had performed before, being a little wary of the torque required to
tighten that big MF wheel nut back on, but I had the technology (a shiny
new torque wrench to ensure I didn't overtighten the sod with a scaffold
pole extension).

It was what they refer to in Scotland as a "braw day". Bright, clear and
f-f-f..airly cold. All went well, the new pads were fitted and I took the
time to give me trusty steed a bit of clean all around the swinging arm and
clean up the area around the rear shock. Everything got tighten up and I
was able to stand back, sip some coffee and feel good about bonding with my
bike.

Then I went into the house and turned on my computer.

What the f...?

Steve, your eloquence in such matters never ceases to impress me. You are
of course quite correct. It's bullshit. It's
shiny-look-over-here-while-you're-all-frustrated-and-buried-under-snow
syndrome.

Those with sense and have moved on will realise the error of their ways
when they actually want to find out / talk about their bikes and riding the
damn things.

If they don't, all the very best to them.

I know I don't contribute to this list as often as I should, but I know how
to use the delete key for threads I'm not following and enjoy the banter
and trips and experiences of Sprint riders from all over this lump of rock
we inhabit.

Where I am in the UK, it is now still daylight at 4pm and the salt on the
roads is less than 1cm thick. I think it's time to come out to play.

Cheers,

Stephen (Spud) McS.
'02 BRG ST - Scotland (thawing)