RE: [ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #760

STeve Duncan wrote:
> NOW, about your challenge, sonny, I will see your measly hunnert bucks
and
> RAISE you another hunnert!  Serious.  Rupert, send me your addy off
list
> then post back who you get $200 from first.
> Whattya YOU say???  Hmmmmm.

This is looking great. If we keep this kind of growth up for the next
hour I will be able to retire.

Nate wrote:
> Post the address to the list if that's acceptable to the person
> collecting the money.  It'd be even easier if someone had a PayPal
> account that we could send the "donations" to. I've got a sneaking
> suspicion that there's more than one of us who's willing to cough up a

> little dough so that no one individual, or group of individuals feels
> like they have to support the list.

I felt sure that if I asked for donations I would get them. When the
site is moved and I feel like I have done something I may ask for
donations to offset the hosting cost but right now it is not necessary.

Nate also wrote:
> In a similar vein I tried to ask before, but my message never got
> though... But what exactly does Jack Lilley do in order to justify
"list
> sponsor" status?  Cabbage?  Eric's favorite dealer?  It obviously
isn't
> the server space which is the reason this whole shit storm go stirred
up
> in the first place.

Jack Lilley used to offset some of the costs. Since there have been not
updates for a while Eric has not been asking him for support. I am in
touch with him.

Rupert