[ST] Re: 2002 SPRINT ST - REAR AXLE WARNING

G'day - Harry / Sydney OZ - T/Red 2002 Sprint ST - 29,000 klm

Riding on Wed Jan 26 (my birthday) with my girlfriend on the back the
rear axle bearing locked up  - froze the back wheel solid, coming out
of a l/h corner at speed ( again, after the first one was replaced at a
recall 12,000 klm, about 1 year past)

We both came off the bike, by the time I'd slowed the bike down we hit
the road at about 30 kph. My girl was hurt a little  - but is ok, I'm
fine - the bike is being transported to the Workshop that does all my
servicing - and the same place that did the original rear axle
changeout - I'll let you all know what happens ?

Anyone had this happen -  after the recall to change out the bad
original rear axle bearing, the replacement did exactly the same thing
 - but this time my girl got hurt - No F&%$#*G good !!!!

I have totally lost confidence in the bike (that I LOVE) till I find
out what caused this, once ok, twice - totally unacceptable and if they
do the same repair, - when will the third time be - will we get killed
or seriously injured next time ???  Appeciate any comments or
suggestions..

Take care guys - this could effect all of us ??? Cheers / Harry

http://au.movies.yahoo.com