[ST] Front & Rear suspension

- --part1_db.1ed4f86d.2f2ae48f_boundary

Morning people,

How good it is for our friendly banter and wetticisms to be back to "normal".
Whatever that may be.....

I know this thread has run before, but I'm sure I was out riding when it all
happened so I would be more than grateful if you would indulge me for a short
time.

My '99 ST is in need of new suspension at both ends and I seem to recall a
bunch of people had done a lot of work and experimentation in this area,
especially the rear unit. (OF THE BIKE!!!)

At about 64,000km's I put slightly stiffer springs and heavier oil in the
front which made a difference. The tech that did the work said the rear unit had
a fair bit of life in it yet so he serviced it and didn't talk me into an
expensive replacement.

I now have 85,500km's racked up and I can feel that she is not handling as
well as she could, especially two up. The belly pan has touched down a few
times.

I was also thinking of getting the rear axle bearings replaced at the next
service but I'm really scared about that now, in view of peoples recent
experiences.

Any help with the suspension, tales of successes and failures would be
greatly appreciated.

Stay upright,
Brett
Sydney.

"Never give a man a go on your bike if you wouldnt give him a go on your
missus..."

- --part1_db.1ed4f86d.2f2ae48f_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Morning people,<BR>
<BR>
How good it is for our friendly banter and wetticisms to be back to "normal"=
. Whatever that may be.....<BR>
<BR>
I know this thread has run before, but I'm sure I was out riding when it all=
 happened so I would be more than grateful if you would indulge me for a sho=
rt time.<BR>
<BR>
My '99 ST is in need of new suspension at both ends and I seem to recall a b=
unch of people had done a lot of work and experimentation in this area, espe=
cially the rear unit. (OF THE BIKE!!!) <BR>
<BR>
At about 64,000km's I put slightly stiffer springs and heavier oil in the fr=
ont which made a difference. The tech that did the work said the rear unit h=
ad a fair bit of life in it yet so he serviced it and didn't talk me into an=
 expensive replacement. <BR>
<BR>
I now have 85,500km's racked up and I can feel that she is not handling as w=
ell as she could, especially two up. The belly pan has touched down a few ti=
mes.<BR>
<BR>
I was also thinking of getting the rear axle bearings replaced at the next s=
ervice but I'm really scared about that now, in view of peoples recent exper=
iences.<BR>
<BR>
Any help with the suspension, tales of successes and failures would be great=
ly appreciated.<BR>
<BR>
Stay upright,<BR>
Brett<BR>
Sydney.<BR>
<BR>
"Never give a man a go on your bike if you wouldnt give him a go on your mis=
sus..."</FONT></HTML>

- --part1_db.1ed4f86d.2f2ae48f_boundary--