RE: [ST] Front & Rear suspension

Brett,
To me the big problem is that the damping in a shock degrades gradually
and you get used to it and you don't really realize how bad it is until
you change it. Starting at about 24K miles I noticed that the damping
was failing when I pushed my bike. I cannot think of the right words
right now but basically there was some up and down movement at the rear
of the bike while in a turn at constant throttle. At 28K I changed it
for a low mileage used one and there was a huge difference.

If you do put an aftermarket shock on let us know what you chose and
what you think of it. I think there will be another shock in my future.
The stock one it not rebuildable although you might be able to find
someone that will open it up and rebuild it. Most aftermarket shocks are
expensive although I believe someone on this list put a reasonable
priced Hagon on and is happy with it.
Rupert