Re: [ST] Z6 Roadtec

In a message dated 1/27/2005 4:14:11 P.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
david.funk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Also, I don't find the  Z6 handling to be as perfectly neutral as the Dunlop
D220's I had on just  before. The handling and grip is good, but I find my '00
Sprint ST wants to  standup just a little bit. I test this everyday going to
work as I enter the  freeway on a cloverleaf.

David, do you mean it stands up when braking in  a corner? If so, I'm
surprised as I've found the Metzler's to do this much less  than most other tires
I've used (especially Bridgestone). Made a BIG difference  with my '01' Speed
Triple. I should mention I'm running a 190/50 on the rear of  the Sprint as I
installed taller handlebars and the increased leverage made the  bike's initial
turn -in a bit too fast.The 190/50 also gives the bike more  straight line
stability on the Interstate. I do allot of riding in the mountains  and the
handing has been great. As a side note, I have a 180/55 installed on the  rear of
the Speed Triple (stock was a 190/50) and this size seams to be best for  the
rear of that bike....go figure!
Doug