Re: [ST] Any suggestions?

Steve,
After the way Triumph handled the fuel connector issue I'm not a big fan of
Triumph corporate, but I must admit they handled my "new bike" problems
really well.  What follows may also be a possible source of your ills.  I
bought an 02 Sprint ST in a really great deal because it had been a show
bike.  Zero miles, never serviced but a lot of legs had been thrown over it
at national type motorcycle shows.  I was told that it was also a test bike
for the silver color (Atlanta has it recorded as red from the factory even
though it was silver).  Anywho, I had a lot of plastic problems but every
one was replaced, only one required some prodding.  That was more to do with
my dealer doing his job of making them do theirs.   Now for the issue that
might have some similarites.  I was supposed to pick my bike up on day one,
but when I get there it was not ready.  I wind up coming in two days after
that because the mechanic (in my opinion, a really good one) had problems
with the fuel injection.  When I ride away all was fine for a few hours and
the bike died.  The dealer was all set to get a complete set of throttle
bodies and injectors under warrantee.  I wound up proving to him it was
really the ECU, the pressure sensor was screwed up.   All has been well
since.  Please note, no error messages were generated with the failed
sensor.

The long story above has two points.  First, dealers can influence Triumph
to fix a problem that is under warrantee, probably better than anyone else.
Second, on these "electronic" bikes, when it comes to bad or squirelly
performance the ECU and associated sensors can be the culprit and be very
hard to diagnose.

Hope this helps,
Rod