RE: [ST] not an ST....

I still think there are some fishy things in the clip.  The fact that he lays off the gas and loses a ton of rpm before losing any speed, namely.  When in any gear, the relationship between the rpm of the engine and speed of the bike (really the speed of the rear wheel) is constant.  You can't gain or lose one or the other, without gaining or losing the other.  Well, with one caveat - if you have wheel slippage.  Then you can be increasing engine rpm without increasing your speed.

Matt Heyer

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Zoltan Pavlakovich
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 1:20 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] not an ST....

Hm, obviously it's an american spec Hayabusa - the outer ring is mph and the inner is kmh. 220 mph is a bit optimistic on a stock busa, maybe it's turbocharged. The scenery going by is a bit deceiving because of  the camera angle. In comparison I attached a clip of a Busa doing 200 (320 kmh) in Germany. You'll be the judge.

http://bikepics.com/movies/000122/