Re: Re[2]: [ST] Scotch

Glenlivett was my drink - haven't tried any of the ones that you suggested,
but this is what the "experts" say:

Laphroaig
(15) Rating: 10. An excellent, but expensive Islay Single Malt Scotch,
available in 10 and 15 year varieties instead of the usual 12 and 21.
Considering the harsher environment of the sea-side bonded aging warehouses,
perhaps this is a better pair of times to bottle Islay malts. Labeled "The
most richly flavoured of all Scotch Whiskys", drinkers of Lagavulin might
dispute this. After trying the 10 year miniature, I sprang for the 15 year
old bottle, $61.99. It's worth it. I recently bought a second bottle, which
considering my very slow consumption of Scotch, is my ultimate compliment. A
true pedigree. I prefer it over its perpetual rival Lagavulin, with whom its
history is interwoven. Peaty, smoky, sweet... and warm. My bottle of 15 y.o.
doesn't have the medicinal taste that some tasters complain of. It is smoky.
The 15 is smoother, sweeter, and a little less peppery then the 10 y.o.
Currently, my absolute favorite! Be sure and visit their very nice web site.
Lagavulin
(16) Rating: 9. The lowest altitude of the Islay Malts, this is the most
character-filled Scotch I've ever had. Not for the tame. Peaty, smoky,
mediciney. I recently retasted Lagavulin and don't find it as medicinal as
the first bottle (miniature actually). It may have been an inconsistancy in
bottling, as my previous impressions didn't match up with many other's
opinions. Only available as a 16 year old, it is expensive, but the price is
in line with other 15 or 16 year olds. A miniature bottle cost me $6.99!
Licensed in 1816, it has a true pedigree. Also at scotch.com.