From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Emery James Baker
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 9:46 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Touring Virgin - Suggestions?

Folks;
Been a long time since I've asked one of my usual dumb a$$ questions
but here goes.  I'm an virgin, ok stop laughing, I'm a long distance
virgin.  I've been riding for years, the last 3 on my 01 ST but I have
never done more than 200 miles in a day and my longest trip has been a
weekend.  I want to see a few friends in spring that have moved to NC
USA (Raleigh and Charlotte) planning on this trip in april or may and I
think I will take the whole week to enjoy the ride to and from NJ.

Planning on the Skyline dr and BRP, the only catch is I've never done
such a long trip and I will be solo to add complexity.  I'm trying to
get the bike caught up on maintenance (Coolant, wheel bearings, plugs,
etc.) but I have never prepped for such a long ride before, bought the
bike used in 02.  I've never packed for something like this either,.
Can anyone suggest a few sites, books, prayers, good luck charms that
will help me prep and travel correctly?  Huge thanks in advance!

Thanks
Emery
01 BRG
NJ, USA