RE: [ST] List sponsorship help

Triumph's first stab at the "American" bike (customs/cruisers) was the
Adventurer, one of many themes on the company's original modular range
of machines featuring a three-cylinder engine and broadly American
styling cues, but it never hit the spot for US buyers, despite the
allure of the British badge. Mike Vaughn of Triumph America is puzzled
by this: "We suppose it's because the bike didn't have some of the most
basic cruiser requirements, such as a low seat and twin-cylinder engine.
But no one really knows why it wasn't a success."  So a second version
of the Bonneville, the America, arrived for 2001.

The chronological time line leading up to the birth of the Bonneville
America was outlined in an issue of AMCN (Vol 50 No 5), a process that
relied on the feedback of focus groups, who were initially shown 120
drawings of bikes way back in January 1999 to kick off the project.

>From that blueprint, and under the sponsorship of master stylist John
Mockett, the distinctive Bonneville America was born, with the first
pilot production bike ridden in April of 2001. A 27-month project from
start to finish.

For 2003, Triumph introduced the Speedmaster - it's a harder-edged
version of the Bonneville America. Over and above the spec of that bike,
the Speedmaster offers a tacho, a twin disc front-end, mag wheels,
custom paint, gunfighter-style seat and slightly lower gearing.

Hope that helps on the "cruiser" stuff.

Matt Heyer