RE: [ST] List sponsorship help

Don't forget to mention the historic Triumph Across America ride in
2002.  From Great Bay in New Hampshire to downtown Pasadena, CA in two
weeks, hundreds of riders on old and new machines.  Metalflake Herb Jebb
rode his Gold Wing the whole way but pulled a trailer with a '63 T120R
on the back.  He surprised some Daytona riders when he passed them in
the corners pulling that trailer.  At stops he won the field games on
the '63 and rode about displaying the lack of "silence" associated with
reverse cone megaphones.

Seven riders and two passengers (daughters) made the entire trip, other
than the Triumph staff and volunteers like Jim Howell and Dick Miller.
All were RotLE members including Mike Vaughan.

Dave Foster (Jessica Foster), Stickney, IL

Phil Garnett (Alice Garnett), Ephrata, PA, T-bird

Peter Ianniciello, Upton, MA, Trophy

Herb (Metalflake) Jebb, Hobe Sound, FL, GW/T120

John Knauer, Bayertown, PA, Blue ST

Me, Fellsmere, FL, BRG ST

Keith Radford, San Diego, CA, T-bird

If anyone wants more details, I will be glad to forward a copy of the
article I wrote about TAA.

Coincidently, I meet quite a few of you listers along the way.  Kames
and Lawler spring to mind.  Who else went?

Remember the girl on the T-bird with some kind of Chow-mix dog in the
milk box nailed to the back of the bike at Team Triumph?  Diesel Joe who
filled his tank with diesel in Wisconsin?  Dennis Gage showing up at the
dealer in WI and filming for Corbin's Ride-On?  The woman writer who
spilled the demo Bonneville in CA?  On my hands and knees with Randy
Baxter in Marnie, IA, driving screwdrivers thru the oil filter on my ST,
cause no one, including Baxters', had a wrench that would get it off?
The people in the next room pounding on the walls because Kames snored
so loud?  Eating Bratwurst, Knockwurst, hotdogs and burgers every night
for two weeks?

God damn, that was fun!  Reminds me of the days when an erection could
rip seams.  Long gone, now.

Andrew F. Kay, Jr.
Riders of the Lost Empire, LC,  13355 79th Street, Fellsmere, FL 32948
www.lostempire.com   andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Sound, sound the clarion, fill the fife, throughout the sensual world
proclaim, one crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a
name." Thomas Osbert Mordaunt, 1730-1809