[ST] What are the non-cosmetic differences between RS and ST?

Hi

Partly in the hope of dragging focus of list back to bikes... the
question about differences between RS and ST.  I had my ST get its 12K
service from Jack Lilley today (came back feeling like a 'new' bike -
not sure what they did but it really made a positive difference - but
glad it did as service was very expensive!) and they loaned me an '04
RS.  I've not been on an RS for a while, and so it was good to be able
to do a back-to-back comparsion of the two bikes: I got to do basically
the same 30 mile mixed road route four times today - out and back on ST
and back and out on RS.  What surprised me was that they feel so
different to ride - but I can't work out how or why.  The RS felt
lighter, and narrower, I rode it lower in the corners and found myself
riding it one gear lower on the same roads.  It also had the stock seat
- - which I found much less comfortable than the Triumph gel seat on my
ST.  But I had forgotten how good the instruments on the RS are
compared to the ST.  Anyhow - hence the question: I had assumed until
now that they were mechanically identical, varying only in the faring /
centre stand etc.  Are there other differences - or am I just
hallucinating?

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03