RE: [ST] What are the non-cosmetic differences between RS and ST?

The RS from 2000 (first year) to 2003 all had the double-sided swingarm, but
'04 RS is closer to a Sprint ST because they're built with the same
single-sided swingarm as an ST. Other than that, the RS bars (assuming they
were the stock ones) are 25mm lower and 25mm further forward than an ST.

All models use the same centerstand, but the ST has a "lift handle" that the
RS doesn't, and it's an option you buy for an RS as opposed to standard
equipment on an ST.

More...the ST comes with a 6" wide rear wheel, the RS is 5.5", though both
are fitted with a 180/55-17. The ST's rear is the same as a Speed Triple
(methinks), though Triumph fits a 190/50-17 to those.

Because of the swingarm difference, the exhausts are routed slightly
different too, so the DSSA RS does NOT have the capability of rotating down
to accommodate hard bags. I can only assume the '04 RS would be able to
mount those bags.

Also, I know for the earlier models the RS had different handlebar
switchgear than the ST. Depending upon which side of the pond the bike was
built for, ST's have a switch for 4-way hazard indicators, no RS I know
does. I think the later ST's adopted the RS switchgear. I do know that an RS
from GB has an on/off slide switch for the headlights (though only one is
lit), the US models have no such switch. Some owners of the RS here have
bought the Brit version to have that, though many use that new switch to
control the (optional) heated grips rather than cutting a hole in the
upper-left fairing.

It has been said that the RS has a 1" higher rear ride height than the ST to
afford a 1/2 degree sharper steering angle and decrease in trail, also
slightly stiffer springs. The cockpit of the ST is mounted quite different
than the RS, but the side panels that mate to them are all the same.

Early years, the RS had black frames and silver wheels, while the ST was the
opposite. Later on, I believe that changed and the bikes all got silver
frames and black wheels. True?

Other than that, the bikes are the same. ;)

Ken M.
'00 RS