From: Gavin Lawrie
Subject: [ST] What are the non-cosmetic differences between RS and ST?

Hi

Partly in the hope of dragging focus of list back to bikes... the
question
about differences between RS and ST.  I had my ST get its 12K service
from
Jack Lilley today (came back feeling like a 'new' bike - not sure what
they
did but it really made a positive difference - but glad it did as
service
was very expensive!) and they loaned me an '04 RS.  I've not been on an
RS
for a while, and so it was good to be able to do a back-to-back
comparsion
of the two bikes: I got to do basically the same 30 mile mixed road
route
four times today - out and back on ST and back and out on RS.  What
surprised me was that they feel so different to ride - but I can't work
out
how or why.  The RS felt lighter, and narrower, I rode it lower in the
corners and found myself riding it one gear lower on the same roads.  It
also had the stock seat
- - which I found much less comfortable than the Triumph gel seat on my
ST.
But I had forgotten how good the instruments on the RS are compared to
the
ST.  Anyhow - hence the question: I had assumed until now that they were
mechanically identical, varying only in the faring / centre stand etc.
Are
there other differences - or am I just hallucinating?

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03

*   *