[ST] On oil-leaking British bikes

So I think I've been bitten by what I'll label from the archives as the
"crankcase breather valve" problem.

I took my first trip on my 2000 ST involving several hours of freeway
travel. At a gas stop, my girlfriend noticed an oil spot under the bike,
and closer inspection showed that there was oil all over the swingarm and
centerstand, and about a 1-2 inch strip on the left-hand side of the rear
tier. Not knowing what it was, I wiped the oil off the tire as best I
could, checked the oil level in the engine, and headed carefully home,
checking it regularly. It seemed to be leaking less on the way home either
because there was less oil in the engine or because I was riding less
agressively. I filled up the oil before I left and now it is at the bottom
line on the sight glass. Overall I don't think this adds up to much oil
loss, but when I pulled it into the garage, it was still leaking a little.

It is clear that the oil is coming from the airbox breather tube, which
combined with an archive search leads me to believe that this is all due
to the crummy plastic crankcase breather valve which I should now replace
with an $80 machined part. Ow.

So now on to my questions -

The airbox breather tube end  was just dangling in midair above the
swingarm pivot, a little to the left of center. Is this the correct
location? Others in the archives have asked and not been answered (on-list
anyway) as to whether this tube should go through a hole which seems made
for it more to the right.

Does anyone have the part number for the machined crankcase breather
valve? My local Triumph dealer has a poor reputation and I think I'd
rather mail order the part. Plus with RotLE I guess I get some discounts
at some mail order shops. :-)

In the archives it was mentiond that there is supposed to be some sort of
drip "bung" installed in the end of this hose - mine doesn't have it. Does
anyone else with a  2000 have it?

In the process of examining this problem I discovered an unconnected
electrical "interface." It looks to have 3 or 4 conductors housed in a
plastic connector and is just below the frame above and to the front of
the right footpeg inside the engine area. I poked around and can't find a
second mating connector dangling loose. Does anyone know what this is?

Paul
installed my Sky-King frame sliders right before the trip. Nice fit/finish
and easy installation make me a happy customer. Also - damn! How much
easier and nicer it is to remove/install the side panels on the ST than my
old VFR. On the VFR every time I go to remove them I feel like I'm going
to break them.