[ST] Tips for flushing cooling system?

Anyone have any tips/guidance to share regarding flushing and refilling my cooling system? It's a 2002 RS with the original antifreeze in it. I'm switching to distilled water and Water Wetter for the rest of the summer (track day next week). I'll check the service manual tonight, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly take the cap off the radiator, open the bleed valve on the other side of the radiator and remove the hose on bottom of the engine that hides the thermostat.

I want to remove the thermostat and verify that it opens at the right temperature. The bike's water temp seems to fluctuate a bit more now than when it was new. Stays between 175 and 185 for the most part though so it hasn't been much of a concern.

Garry