Re: [ST] Fuel tank hoses

Barry,
It goes from the fuel regulator to the airbox. In the Triumph shop manual on page 9.116 under AIRBOX removal Item 4. It says Disconnect the engine beather hose and the fuel pressure regulator hose.
So it is on the right hand side of the airbox.
Al Garvin
San Martin, Ca.

Barry Croft wrote:
Hi Folks

As per my last email I'm having problems with my RS idling fast when warm and sitting in neutral. If I hold it in gear (with the clutch in) it's nice and slow, but in neutral it 'idles' at nearly 2000 rpm!

Today I had the tank off for a look-see. And straight away saw that the slim but thick-walled black hose coming off the Fuel Pressure Regulator at the base of the tank was perished and cracked. It was also just dangling freely in the space behind the block.

I have now trimmed the split end and pushed it back onto the tank spigot snugly, but where is the other end supposed to go? It's thick-walled so I presume it's designed to take pressure, rather than just be a drain tube - but what does it connect to? The Airbox? That has a spare spigot for a hose, under the right side, but I'm not sure. Or should it lead to the Idle Air Control Valve maybe? I haven't looked closely at that yet because it means taking the Air Filter off.

Help!

Barry

2000 RS