[ST] Re: Side Car

I had a 'sidecar' on one of my early bikes - a Matchless GL650. It took some getting used to, especially on tight corners! I wouldn't recommend using an old Brit bike now though.

My first modern Triumph was a Thunderbird 900, so I was on a Thunderbird list for a while - and a guy on there from the States had a lovely Watsonian fitted to his. Sprayed in the same British Racing Green, it looked gorgeous, and ferried his wife and his two kids about with ease. It's got a nice soft torquey engine and takes a sidecar well. He had the classic Zeppelin-shaped GP.

I've lost touch with that list, but I still have the Watsonian address, which is well worth checking out for ideas. I've just looked and the main example bike pic for the GP on their website is ... a Thunderbird! But they show many other good sidecar bikes too, and also show all the sidecar types and prices:

http://www.watsonian-squire.com/

Barry