Re: [ST] MotoGP

Zoltan,

I agree with you. The speeds were something else and the skills these guys posses are awing! As an example, the GP'ers were in full lean by the time they got to the 2nd brake marker in turn 10 where the vast majority of the AMA riders were just starting to lean over there. We sat on the hill near turn 10 and could see turns 1 - 4 & 11 also. Not too shabby. The corkscrew looks a whole lot different in person than on TV. Whew!!!

Your friend was right! Parking was easy but leaving was a whole different story for us "hill people". We waited 3 hours before the line started to move and then spent roughly another 45 minutes to get through the base and out onto Reservation. I'm glad our flight was this morning! I don't think I'll return there unless they hire somebody to help get the cars out. It was definitely a cluster.......... If you wanted an official souvenir, you could plan on standing in line for an hour or more.

We did have some wild entertainment though. Some folks did some hill climbing out of our parking area to the road. We thought about following them but after looking over the route and seeing a Grand Prix have its rear bumper ripped off and another car destroy a rim and tire we decided that our rented mini van with 6 of us in it would suffer a little too much damage to attempt it.

It was funny how empty the AMA part of the paddock was. It seemed everybody was hanging around the GP area waiting for a glimpse or a possible autograph from one the "boys".

George