Re: [ST] MotoGP

Brett
Yep.  That's the one.  No, I haven't been anywhere near it but I do
love to watch the 1000 on TV.

Due to the excellent tv coverage it has been one of the most
enthralling saloon car races to watch.  They were one of the first to
provide headlamp cameras and pan-and-tilt mounted cameras inside where
they interviewed drivers while they raced, followed cars past as they
overtook etc.  Very involving for the viewer.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx 13/07/2005 05:56:34 >>>
Hey Chris,

The Australian street circuit you refer to is Mount Panorama at
Bathurst, New
South Wales. Its interesting that you know of it. Have you been there?

The Bathurst 1000 is the V8 Super Car endurance race held annually. The

sections of track similar to the corkscrew at Laguna are "The Esses" or
perhaps
"The Dipper". On the latter the cars go through on three wheels due to
the drop
away.

A NASCAR exhibition race was held there a few years ago. The drivers
complained that their brake rotors werent lasting very long and it was
hard for them
to wash off enough speed at the end of the longest straight (Conrod) to
take
the kink before the hard left hander into the main straight. Quite a
few of them
ended up in the massive gravel trap. I guess those cars are really
designed
for big oval tracks.

If you get the chance, its worth a drive around the circuit. But be
careful
as it has a 60kmph speed limit and the police love sitting on the two
long
straights.

Cheers,
Brett