Re: [ST] Rossi unhappy with US track

MotoGP doesn't have the same following here in the States as abroad,
so I don't ever think we would have two.

I think that Laguna is a fine track, and I'm sure the venue is great,
but for MotoGP bikes it isn't setup well.  As I said, they don't get
to stretch their legs (as someone else noted, and could be seen, they
barely get into 5th gear), and their aren't good passing zones for
exciting passes.  So you get a line of bikes who gain and lose time on
each other, but you don't get the neck and neck racing with passing
back and forth, and the out braking into a corner and re-passing on
the exit.  I'm not trying to knock Laguna, but I believe the reality
is that it isn't the best track for MotoGP bikes.

Road America would be cool because those bikes would really have some
fun and speed, as it is a FAST track.  Barber and Road Atlanta have a
better setup of some longer straights with hard corners.  Just my
humble opinion, but I would think that any of those three would be
better for the event.  And again, I'm just speaking track - not
logistics of location and what there is to offer around it, or
weather.  But as a track setup for MotoGP, those would be better.

Matt Heyer