[ST] Rossi unhappy with US track--So What!

Howdy boys and girls,

For whatever its worth, I think these guys are clearly the greatest
motorcycle talents in the world and, whether they're on mopeds or Acme
rocket bikes, and they should ride whatever the track throws at them. Not
that safety measures shouldn't be a top priority, but when you start
designing the track to suit the bike, it sort of defeats the whole point
doesn't it?

Obviously, mechanics and techno dudes play a much bigger role in the
no-holds-barred world of Moto GP, but when the rider stops being a factor,
we may as well just start watching speed weeks at Bonneville (maybe even
pave that too!) Or maybe we just put slots in the tracks and let computer
geeks drive/ride the bikes from the pits.

I can't be the only person who thinks it's a little twisted to rave about
Rossi spanking the rest of the world on tracks he's been riding since he
could walk (no disrespect intended) and then basically dis Hayden by saying
that the only reason he won was because he was more familiar with the track.
DUH!! They don't think that is factor with Rossi and the rest of the fast
Euros as well? The very fact that Nicky won on the one track he is most
familiar with proves that the rider is clearly still the difference. Nicky
and Collin may not be quite as good as the Doctor or Gib, but if they all
went to every track with equal time and familiarity, I'm betting you'd see a
half dozen of them swapping paint from start to finish, every week. Even at
Laguna.

As for Laguna, I wasn't there, but I watched it and I still get chills
thinking about those lunatics rippin' around the left and then snapping back
right and dropping down that elevator shaft at the corkscrew. YEEEEHAAAA!!!!
Makes a feller happy he's got a ride of his own in the garage.

Bob