Re: [ST] Gauge test point

Paul

Torque wrenches are easier to check because you just have to mount them
in a vice and add a weight a specified distance from the drive-centre.
Hopefully people on this list de-tension theirs during storage if
they're the screw-up type?

My digital tyre pressure gauge gave me a suspicious reading on my car
the other day and I re-measured with the old telescopic type and found
the digital one to be a way off.  May try changing the battery but
you're not expected to do that - just throw it away.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> gpz900r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 14/07/2005 16:40:45 >>>
HI all
I think the same calibration thing applies to Torque Wrenches. I've
experienced a number of times where the manufacturers torque seems to
be too
high especially on smaller nuts and bolts - I recently stripped a rear
sprocket mounting bolt by using the correct torque and had to replace
it. -
I always go 10% below to start with now and then re-torque afterwards
to the
correct spec if it seems sensible. Sometimes you still grit your teeth
waiting for the click!!
Paul

<<<<<