Re: [ST] Gauge test point

The web page posted explains it well, but here's a simpler explanation:

Torque is "foot-pounds."  Therefore it is distance x load.  Measure on
your torque wrench 1 ft. (or 2 if you can) and hang a weight from that
point.  If you have a dial type wrench, the reading should be the load
you applied x the distance (in feet).  A 50lb weight will give you 50
ft-lbs of torque when hung 12 in from the center of the socket, or 100
ft-lbs when hung 24 in from the center.

Make sense?

If you want the wrench calibrated, you do exactly the same thing, only
with calibrated weights and NIST traceable certs...

Dan