RE: [ST] Two New Triumphs Rumored

Right.  Because a company whose owner has said publicly that he has NO
interest in racing will immediately jump into the deep end of racing.

There's been alot of guessing going on that if you split the difference
between on the World Supersport rules(or British, or anyone with a clue,
which excludes the AMA) for 4 cyl and 2 cyl motors, then you have the target
displacement for Triumph for racing.  675cc.  This, of course, begs the
question, why?  There are no rules in World Supersport, or any other
supersport series that I'm aware of, that define 3 cyl as a legal motor
type.  So one manufacturer, Triumph, should already be lobbying for this
addition to the rules if their intention is to race this new 3 cyl motor.
But they aren't.  We know this because any such action would eventually be
leaked out.  Let's face it, a new manufacturer, any new manufacturer, making
noises like that to enter a series.  Someone is going to brag.  It hasn't
happened.

Now I'm not saying they won't come out with a mid sized 3 cyl.  I think it
would be great to see a mid sized triple from Triumph.  The press won't know
where to pigeon hole it, so it'll be largely panned, or put against liter
class bikes.  But I think by now most Triumph owners know better than to
rely on the press to form their opinions on motorcycles.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/14july05_2newtriumphs.htm

I'll put my money on 800cc since the MotoGP rules changed for 2007 toward
800cc.