[ST] 12K Service blues

>The whole swingarm, shock and rear wheel are plastered in chain lube
that required degreasing before a re-polish.  Since there is clearly a
Scott-Oiler fitted, this is rather annoying.

Chris, sounds like you had happen to you what happened to me.  In my case, the "Triumph" mechanic I had made an appointment with was mysteriously "off" the day of the appt.  No one told ME until I picked up my bike and they happily informed the the HARLEY mechanic had fixed me all up.   I found out 150 miles into a 5K mile trip to BC that the S**T for brains had sprayed WD-40 on my chain thereby dissolving all the lube on the inside of the O-rings and dispersing it all over the rear end of my bike.

Yes, you need more tools.  And probably a new chain as well.

Sorry,
David
'99ST