[ST] The last couple rides

Thanks for posting that link, lots of interesting stuff on there.  I've only
followed MotoGP for a few years, so that was great.
>http://www.tvmoto.com/usgp/return_usgp_wmv.htm

Paul and I got home from Laguna Seca on Tuesday, we had an awesome time.  We
were camped up on the hill above turn 6, all kinds of bikes and tents up
there hiding from the evening wind among the clumps of bushes.   The weather
was actually awesome, clouds rolling in at night and clearing up for the
day.  We only left the track once, thanks to my sister who pretty much
hauled a whole kitchen in the trailer behind her Electraglide.  I had my
first ride on Hwy. 1 (woohoo!!), leapfrogging with bunches of other riders
from Oregon, Washington and Canada who were traveling down to Monterey.  I
also got to do some lanesplitting, I really wish we could do that here.

The trip to Arkansas (a few weeks before Laguna) was a great time too, this
has already been one of those summers that I would like to rewind and do
again.  The days I planned were a little long, 5-650 miles a day, and I
think I could use a set of bar risers.  We got to ride lots of passes, like:
- Logan Pass in Utah, where I had to flag down an old fella on a Sportster
who was leaving a trail of ID and credit cards for a couple miles.
- Flaming Gorge and Douglas Pass, Utah - there's a good sized heave on this
one that made my rear wheel launch skyward.
- Grand Mesa and Black Canyon of the Gunnison, definitely a couple of the
highlights of the trip.
- Slumgullion, Spring Creek Pass, and Highway of Legends, all good but damn,
that was a long day.
- (then a  lot of boring straight stuff through Texas - sorry Texans)
- Hwy. 23 in Arkansas up to the parents' place near Eureka Springs, that's a
lot of fun - lots of Harleys for us to go around.
- Fremont Pass, Berthoud Pass, Willow Creek Pass, Granite Pass, Dead Indian
Pass and the open section of Beartooth Pass; all outstanding,
laughing-in-my-helmet fun.
I really enjoyed Wyoming this trip, but the 2 cattle drives we ended up in
the middle of were rather nasty.   We passed through Saratoga, Wy., which is
a checkpoint on the Grand Tour we are participating in - and went right by
and forgot to stop.  Doh!
We skipped Lolo Pass - at that point my sister said she just wasn't up to
wrestling her big bike through more miles of twisties in a huge downpour.
Paul and I were OK with that.

Nancy in Portland
02' Triumph Sprint ST
95' Yamaha YZF600