[ST] Re: Dealer 12k service (was RS neutral switch)

Barry

I bought the bike from said dealer and have had a new one set up 2
miles from me that I was going to try as they advertised only
factory-trained mechanics.  However when I responded to an ad there for
new workshop personnel (genuinely thinking I might get factory training)
I was told that as long as I had worked for a franchised dealer they
would accept me.  For an already-cynical person like myself, I construed
that as a double-standard and went to No1 who had sold me the bike (45
miles away).

The idle looked alright when I picked up the bike, it's after a run
that it shows up, so that put me 45 miles away.  I'm one of those people
who doesn't see the benefit in getting an alienated mechanic to fix my
bike in this situation, particularly at that distance.  Getting it
serviced by someone else was really to get valve-clearances etc. set
before my trip to Donnington for the MotoGP next weekend.  The bike's
actually done over 15k miles and in future I will try to sort everything
myself with a little help from my friends.

Cheers

Chris Harwood
00 RS
>>> barrycroft@xxxxxxxxxxx 18/07/2005 10:03:14 >>>

Chris - that's interesting, I used to occasionally use a dealer calling
himself UK#1 when I worked in north Surrey - could it possibly be one
and the same? I'm not sure I understand why you accepted it back after
the service with the problem unsolved? Surely they're obliged to give
you the bike back running right? So I'd take it straight back and make
them sort it out. And make sure they tell you what the fix was when they
find it, so poor sods like me can benefit too.

I mainly used to use Carl Rosner in Croydon, which can't be too far
from you. He was #1 for several years I think. Although I've had some
petty gripes with him on the whole he's very good, and will generally
bend over backwards to sort out problems. Now I'm in the SW I use a
well-known Bristol dealer, but I do miss Carl's service. So if #1
doesn't fill you with confidence try Carl.

Barry
<<<<<