Re: [ST] What's the Sprint's current competition?

It's been a while since I've been bike shopping, and I haven't kept
up with what's on the market.  If you were shopping for something
that could be a daily commuter and also good for recreational
riding both solo and two-up, had hard luggage, and didn't have a
wildly aggressive riding position, what would you consider?

On the sportier end of things you have:

Honda VFR 800
Ducati ST3 / ST4s
Aprilia Futura

If you want to get into the larger bikes:

Yamaha FJR 1300
Kawasaki ZZR 1200
Honda ST 1300

More than a few people put risers and soft luggage on Suzuki Hayabusas and/or Kawasaki ZX-12Rs if they want a monster engine. Lots of info over on www.sport-touring.net . It's a great web forum for that style of riding.

Garry